BANNER ADS SPECIFICATIONS
TOP DISPLAY AD SIZES :
- Keep in mind, inventory varies greatly by exchange and region. All formats may not be available in all cases. Ad sizes that differs from above popular Ads sizes may be supported. Do Check with our Account Manager.
Supported Display Ad Types
GIF, JPEG, PNG image files
Flash SWF Files
Rich media expandable – supported through third party with some limitations, please speak with your AccountManager
General Specs HTML 5 creatives are a type of display creative and must follow the same guidelines as display with some additional recommendations.
- File types: HTML5: HTML, JS, CSS, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and SVG
- File size: Initial: 200 KB
- maximum Max Initial File Load Count: 15
- Files Subsequent/Polite Load: 1 MB
- maximum User-Initiated Load: 2.2 MB Recommended
- Hosted and 3rd Party Ad Tags Smartphone Static Banners: 300x250, 320x50, 336x280, 320x480 | File Type: JPEG, PNG, GIF | Max Size: 40K - 1MB depending on supply vendor
- Tablet Static Banners: 300x250, 728x90, 160x600, 468x60, 336x280 | File Type: JPEG, PNG, GIF | Max Size: 150K - 1MB depending on supply vendor
• Any Display ad size we support can be declared expandable, although inventory will vary based on size and direction. See recommendations below
• Expandables are supported via 3rd Party Tags only.
• Required Declarations include Expansion Direction(s), Expansion Action and Expandable Ad Server.
• Creative images must be clear, recognizable, and relevant; text appearing in the ad must be legible
• Creatives must occupy the entire space of the image size you've chosen
• Creatives cannot appear sideways or upside down
• Creatives cannot be segmented, contain multiple copies of itself within the ad, or otherwise appear to be more than one ad
• Creatives with partially black or white backgrounds, you must add a visible border of a contrasting color to the majority background color of the ad.
• File size must be 150K or smaller – applies to first and third party ads.
• All creatives must open a new page on click, cannot open in the same page
Animated ads are restricted to a maximum of 15 seconds of looping, after which point they must remain static
• Flash creatives must use the clickTAG function on the top-most layer and must have the stop(); function on the last frame of the animation. First party optional back-up static image is supported.
• In-banner video creatives should be in flash format with a 50kb max file load and a 2MB load for the secondary file
• There is no length limit for click to start video ads, but the video should immediately go to the landing page upon completion
• For auto-start video ads, there is a 15 second limit. Audio should not be heard unless initiated by a mouse-over; video should be backstopped by a static 300x250 which should click through to a landing page
• All in-banner video ads must include the play, pause, mute and unmute controls
Landing Pages featuring the following content may not run on the Platform :
Unbranded ads may not run
Pornographic or highly suggestive content or images, nudity or suggestive content or images
Promote adult products, including sex toys and sexual enhancers
Promote adult-themed dating, escort services, “mail-order brides,” or similar services
Promote online gambling
Sales of weapons or ammunition;
Sale of tobacco;
P2P file-sharing, torrent, or anything that facilitates or promotes copyright infringement;
Extreme violence or incite hatred of any race, religion, creed, class or ethnic group, or of any individual or group
Hate content, including sites that advocate the superiority of a specific race or ethnic group
Promotion of illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia;
Promotion of black-hat hacking, cracking, or warez;
Any other content that is illegal, promotes illicit or harmful activity, or infringes on the rights of others. This includes sites that provide “how-to” information on bomb-making, lock-picking, and similar topics;
Defamatory or libelous content;
Distribution of viruses, malware install spyware, trojans, viruses or other malware
Describe, depict, or glorify pain, suffering, torture, violence or death of or against humans or animals
Sell or promote firearms, ammunition, bombs or other weapons, or related design materials
Automatically redirect the user to a new page or app; Pop-up on a webpage, upon banner open, or upon page exit
Are misleading or contain content that is not reflective of what the user will find on the clickthrough URL